On Sunday, Ryan had to work so I was left to teach our primary class alone. Not really a big deal unless you have "Mr. Major Distraction and Has A Meltdown Almost Every Time I Teach Alone Sam". Halfway through opening exercises, he starts to lose it. Normally, I leave it alone and just deal with him, but that day, I knew I needed help. Looking around, there were no counselors or secretaries with the Primary President. My good friend was most likely not at church since she worked a grave the night before. I let it go contemplating what game we would play instead of attempting an actual lesson. We were just about to go to class when hooray for me, my good friend had just walked in to see if she could help. Sam was more than happy to see her and happily went with her. Hallelujah! Peaceful teaching. Big plus in my book.
Kids were doing great, but Sam was so loud! I knew I had to take him out but the kids weren't hearing me. I told the kids to stay put and I would be right back. Stood up and my neighbor offered to sit with Jake and Mia. Another Hallelujah! While I was out in the hall, I was talking with another friend who was out with her baby. I mentioned that I was going to leave after the next speaker and she offered to keep Sam with her while I gathered my kids. Thank you! Such a big help. On the way in, yet another friend checked with me to see if she could help. How 'bout that! I know that I must be crazy trying to get tired Sammy through church, but I have to be in Primary and I want to be in Sacrament meeting so I keep doing it hoping it will get better. Jessica put it just right when she said that Sam was truly the village baby. I was so thankful for all of the help that was given and offered. So thankful for friendly neighbors and good friends that I can trust. So thankful that they care for my kids too.
Sam was great with her and now all we had to get through was Sacrament meeting. I wasn't too worried because I had packed a great bag of tricks. I had the entire contents of my pantry, new books, crayons and other goodies in my bag ready to entertain Sam who was now two hours past his nap time. No good. He was cross and I don't blame him. The treats were devoured, the crayons colored, the books flung and he.was.DONE! Problem since we were only five minutes into the meeting.
2 comments:
How familiar all of this sounds. I can't wait for the day that Easton will sit quietly in church. Until then- we'll just keep to it. Being there, even if we can't actually pay attention to the speakers- we will be blessed for sticking it out, and uplifted by good friends as well.
That is GREAT to have so much help! It sounded like you needed it. I love that people were in tune with your needs that day and they were willing to help you out. That really stinks Sacrament is last..that is torture! Good work, going and toughing it out.
Post a Comment