Monday, April 28, 2008

HELP!!

It feels that I am tripping over clutter and chaos in every room of my home. The corners, the middles, the sides all covered in crazy messiness. I keep going through things and adding more to the pile for DI, but it doesn't seem to help. Washing and folding mounds of laundry but the pile is not getting any smaller. Pulling weeds, scrubbing the toilet, washing dishes, breaking up arguments, making meals/snacks, going through piles of school papers, wiping the counters and table and highchair, only to turn around to another yet another mess. Ahhhh! If you don't hear from me, send help. I might be swallowed alive in this mess.

8 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

I think that you can't just make a donate pile, you have to load it into the car right then for it to actually make a difference.

As far as the laundry goes, when I started to feel crazed by laundry I got rid of 3 articles of clothing from each load as I was folding it. After just one week you will have weeded out an amazing amount of stuff that you will never even miss!

Anonymous said...

The clutter at my house is overwhelming too. I usually just have one room in the house that is completely clean and clutter free and when I'm feeling like I can't take it anymore, I retreat into that space for a little while.

Also, it's easier for me to focus on one little thing at a time, otherwise I get caught up in the mess and instead of working through it, I sit down and read a book or check my email.

Anonymous said...

At our house we have night visitors ( Santa claus, easter bunny, tooth fairy, and the gobbler) you see some bring things, but some take things. If toys (or whatever) are left out the gobbler just might come and gobble them up!
It is amazing to see how many things Davis wants "to save" before he goes to bed. He remembers on his own, and things look fabulous when he is done!
So far it hasn't terrified him to think a gobbler might come. (am i a mean mom?) Brianne

Kaylin said...

Ha ha ha! I'm laughing so hard at the Gobbler who lives at the Kirchners!! I can just picture little Davis literally running to save his things from the Gobbler! Too funny!! (Great idea!)
Sorry about the chaos in your life Meg, I can say that I am right there with you! (two rooms and no space is getting overly crowded! We have the whole bridal show set up in our bedroom! Blah... wait, I don't have to deal with it anymore- WE ARE MOVING FRIDAY!!!!!) I'll rescue you from the clutter gobbler that might swallow you up if you'd like, although, I think Jake would like to fight it off for you with his light saber! :)

Kaylin said...

For some real advice though, I know when my parent's played clean up games and loud crazy music, it seriously was fun! (Until I got older, you know, a teenager!)
Daddy clean up was our favorite. We all- yes the WHOLE family (hence the name DADDY cleanup)- had to work on the same room together. We did play loud music and all worked together to clean. Once the room was sparkling, we moved on to the next room. Once the whole house was clean- we would get rewarded like being taken out to a movie that night (if there was time) or taken to ice cream. As kids, we loved it! We all worked hard and efficiently- because we were having fun together.

Sharmyn said...

I love all of these ideas. Aren't you all so clever? Weeding out clothes from the laundry - ingenious! Uh-oh, I think I hear some gobble sounds outside my window - gotta do my dishes! "Clean-up, clean-up, everybody clean-up..."

Lara said...

Good luck with the chaos! A miracle happened at my house today and I got the kitchen island cleaned off. It about killed me but I did it!

Kaylin said...

Come on Sharmyn- has it really been that long since you have sung us the clean-up song? It's "Clean-up, clean-up, everybody do your share. Clean-up, clean-up, everybody, everywhere!"
:)