Monday, July 2, 2007

Lazy days of summer

Our lazy days of summer are in full swing. We have been enjoying the kids in the neighborhood. A couple mom's and I have decided that Tuesday is going to be "Adventure Tuesday". Last week, we had school lunch and then went on a hike up Adam's. It was hot and dusty, but the waterfall at the end was well worth it! The kids had a glorious time splashing in the water and throwing rocks. It was fun! We are looking forward to this weeks adventure. Next time, I will bring my camera. This one was taken with my phone so it's hard to see.
Friday has become movie day. We live within walking distance of Kaysville's finest movie theater. On Fridays before 1pm, you can see a movie for $1. We get two $1 bags of popcorn and fill our Kaysville Theater mug up and we are all set to have a great time. The theater is a bit low on kids movies right now but we were able to see "Firehouse Dog" last and it was really cute. I enjoyed it and the kids really loved it. Sammy is a good little movie goer right now. I hesitate to think about how busy he will be sooner rather than later.
Last Friday, Ryan was working the whole iphone release at work so he wasn't' going to be home all day. We decided that we would head down to Draper and go to IKEA, Rod Works and Teryn's house. We were really lucky because Jason, Kaylin and Easton were coming back that night! They have been in Massachusetts for the past 10 months while Jason studied photography. We got to stay and have dinner with them (Porcupine meatballs, yum!) and then we went and visited Lauren at Cold Stone where she works. The McGrew's are fun and super cute and Easton is HUGE! That kid is a tank and he doesn't walk, he runs everywhere he is going. It's always so fun to go to Teryn's house. She has the most beautiful home. It's fun to go and look at her home for ideas for ours! Thanks for having us Teryn! We are coming back soon!
Saturdays have been Garage Sale mornings. We aren't die-hard about it at all . We roll out of bed after 9am and the kids get one dollar and we head out to see what we can find. We don't even go out of Kaysville/Fruit Heights. The kids have had a great time finding "treasures". Money burns a hole in Jake's pocket. I have to talk him out of junk that he just wants to buy for the thrill of buying. Last Saturday, we scored! We got so many good deals and crossed some of the items off of our wish list. We didn't even go more than 3 miles from our house. It was garage-sale-o-mania! We got a exersaucer and red swing for the tree for Sam; Jake got Hotwheels, books, and movies; Mia got books, a gumball machine, nail polish and Little Mermaid sheets (all with her money!) and a whole Fisher Price grocery store that scans and is loads of fun; I got a new drapery rod, a big white shelf for Mia's room, a little side table and the best - a brand new rod iron garden arch that I have been wanting! I have been looking at arches for a while, but they are really to expensive. I was really excited. We scored!
Lazy days of summer. They are kindof nice.

2 comments:

Jess said...

fun outings. I need to do more of those fun things with my kids before the summer runs away from us.

Sharmyn said...

Yeehaw! I wish I could have gone garage sale-ing withyo! Fun!