A Harry Potter induced neglectful state. The kids have been getting a bit restless. It might the be the regular sugar overload they have been getting. It seems that I am really an easy target for treats when I am busy reading. It's just so hard to put down. Painfully hard!
But, I do have some things to blog about. Last week, I made Mia two cute nighties from this tutorial. They have been popping up all over the internet ever since this clever girl made some. They turned out pretty cute. They are really fast to make. Less than an hour. I haven't had a chance to get a picture of it because Mia wouldn't pose and she has been wearing one of them non-stop. (Yes, I just love that she loves it!) Today, she hung it up on her little hanger in her room and it just looked so cute! All wrinkled and loved.
Oh, and did you notice that she hung it on the hooks that have actually been hung in her room?? I did it!! I put holes in the walls! I hung the oh so darling garage sale hooks, two cute little shadow boxes next to the mirror and a few photo frames and shelves over the desk. All thanks go to Teryn who took about 2.8 seconds to figure out the layout in her room. I had been staring at them for 3 months and she figured it out so quickly. I am not kidding about the speed that she did it! She is amazing!
And another thing that I have done! If you squint really hard you can see that I made a little plaque for Mia that says her name and underneath "Daughter of a King". It was very simple to make. Just need some ribbon bows around the iron coil and it will be finished. I will post a better picture when I get around to buying the ribbon.
Mia's room is just about finished! I use the term "finished" loosely because I am sure that there will always be something that needs to be done. Like her curtains. But, her room is the first room in the new house to get pictures on the wall. Whoot! Whoot!!
*now looking at the picture, I realize that I didn't do the best spacing job on the pictures. I might have to redo. Maybe. If I feel like it.

3 comments:
Yay! You posted! Yay! The room looks adorable and so do the little nighties. You are adorable! Don't say a word about Harry Potter - I'm in the middle of book six and will move on to THE FINAL EPISODE soon!
Looks GOOD!!! Cuet, cute, cute. It is much easier to decorate when you have a good helper! You are so crafty, I need to learn to sew. Harry Potter is good! Have you finished yet. I like that is answers many unanswered questions from the other books!
I want to make my girls jammies like that! they look so cute!
by the time I'd do it though, they'll need winter jammies!
Post a Comment