Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How quickly the routines get destroyed

Here it is a month or so after school let out and our routines are completely blown to smithereens. The kids have been going to bed at 11pm - sometimes later! I have been going to bed no sooner than 1am. Then we all sleep in the morning too late. Mia got up at 11:50am once!! Almost noon!! She's not a teenager.

I miss those old routines. I miss my quiet time and my (sometimes) clean kitchen. I miss getting up and getting things done in the morning. It's just soooooo hot! I don't ever remember feeling so thoroughly hot all of the time. Just a little effort sends me into a red, sweaty faced mess. I think that my kids miss the consistency because they sure are ornery.

Long, drawn out, hot muggy swamp cooler, unproductive days of summer.

1 comment:

Sharmyn said...

I totally get that and I don't have kids!