Jessica and I went to IKEA today. Yes, the 2nd time in the past two weeks. We spent four hours there. FOUR hours without kids! And ya know what? It wasn't long enough! We would of been there longer if we didn't have to get back for Megan's gymnastics recital. You would think that we were able to make it thoroughly through every section of the store wouldn't ya. Yah, you would. We didn't. I know that you think we are nutso right now, but it's a huge store and coincidentally, my friend Dawn went today also. She was there for 6 1/2 hours.
Anyway, we had a grand time sitting and thinking about what we could use where and "dang is that really that cheap?!?!?" comments. We did have a goal in mind. I wanted to get storage and shelving for the boys
In Mia's room, we hung up a cute little flower wall lamp and her name in wood letters. It looks kindof cute over her bed. Now, I just have to paint the table and the letters. Any fun ideas there? Jake wants to color his table with crayons in stripes.
Wow, I am tired. Thanks Jess for all your help! It's been a fun day and now that I have finally "broken the ice" about hanging something on the walls, I think that I am going to go nuts and do it some more! I love that the house is starting to feel more like a home. (Oh, and Sharmyn, as fabulous as IKEA is, you are right, it's not better than church. Hee hee. )
3 comments:
He's gonna color the table? yikes! The flower looks adorable.. what color are you painting the letters in her name?
Did I tell you???
I am literally counting down the days to see the majestic mountains, family & friends, and the NEW IKEA!!!!
I love that desk, and the wallflower is really fun!
Post a Comment