Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Today, we had a nice father's day. Ryan is a good father and I am very happy that he is ours. He is so good to the kids. He loves them and they bring him such joy. He is always laughing at the little things that they do and say. We were so excited to give Ryan his book that we made on Shutterfly. It turned out good and he seems to like it alright. I was impressed with the book itself. The colors turned out very vivid. Jake and Mia snuggled up with Ryan while Jake read it out loud to him. It looks like it made him happy.

Later that afternoon, we went and visited my Dad. He is a very good papa. I am so blessed that he is my father. He has taught us so many good things. He is a good example. He is loving. He is always willing to serve and help without a single complaint. He is always calm with me. His voice is soothing to me. I love that he is here getting to know my kids. I never knew my Grandpa's and I just love that the kids live so close to both sets of grandparents.


And Papa is always willing to be silly too!


After we visited my parents, we went to Ryan's for dinner. It's pretty laid back at their house. We had Dave's favorite dinner steak and dutch oven potatoes. We opened a few presents and had fun playing Mexican Train. I love to play games! Any kind of game! I didn't get a picture of the kids with Dave tonight. Kindof dropped the ball on that one. It was a good Father's Day. Thank goodness for the wonderful men in our lives!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sammy is six months old today! He has grown so much these past few months. He is 17 pounds 12.5 ounces and 27.5 inches long. He loves to eat! Rice cereal, sweet potatoes, applesauce, mashed pears, bananas, carrots......well, he likes anything that we give him. He especially likes to munch up Biter Biscuits. He has a determination about him. He seems to me that he wants to see things through to the end. I am constantly amazed how content he is. He still loves to chew his toy lion and rattle his plastic rings. He can roll over and slowly can make his way across the room. He is starting to be able to sit up by himself. Just a few seconds for now. He loves to play with that cute baby friend of his in the mirror. Sammy is quite a mama's boy right now. That's okay with me. It's nice to be loved, even though I know it has a lot to do with the fact that I am his meal ticket. I like having our time together. He is still a squishy baby and he snuggles right into you just making your heart melt. I like this picture of him and Grandma Desse. Sammy seems to like Mom. When we visit, he tends to wait for her to look at him so he can smile at her. I like that.
How was your Father's Day? What did you do? How has your father/being a father affected/influenced your life?

3 comments:

Sharmyn said...

Aww all of these made me miss Utah! Sam is getting so big. I love the picture of him with Mom. I love the picture of Dad being silly. His hair has gotten a lot more white. I like it! I love Ryan's little grin in the picture where they are reading the book. So sweet!

Jess said...

The book looks pretty fun. I'll have to try it sometime...

Jess said...

The book looks pretty fun. I'll have to try it sometime...