Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"If you don't eat, you will die!"

One morning, I was awaken early by Jacob, who was about 3 years old at the time. He was nose to nose with me.
"Mama! Mama!" he said.
"What do you need Jake?" said I, slightly annoyed at the time of the morning.
"If you don't eat, you will DIE!" he exclaimed dramatically.
'Nuf said. Can't argue with that.
That story is one of our favorites around here. It's often said when somebody is hungry. I can't help but think about how hungry he must of been and how bad I am at actually feeding my family. I wish that I could say that I am a fabulous cook like my sister Sharmyn. That my family just can't get enough of my good ol' home cookin' as they sit around the table anticipating their favorite dinner. I make. Sadly, they are only excited about cheeseburgers or pizza. So sorry that they are junkies. I think, as a consequence of my lack of culinary skills, Ryan has taken up grilling. He loves to grill for us and really, it's the main source of dinner here most of the time. He's a good griller and he really seems to enjoy himself. Tonight, he made the most delicious dinner that is now Number 1 on my list! It's Grilled Meat and Vegetables over Saffron Orzo from the Food Networks "Everyday Italian". (You can click on highlighted words for the recipe link.) It's delicious! It's by far the best thing that he has ever made! We didn't make the orzo, so we can't account for that, but the rest is wonderful! If you are looking for some easy good grilling recipes, check it out. You won't be sorry. It's a good thing that Ryan is keeping us fed because if you don't eat, you will DIE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does chocolate and coke count as eating? Jake is funny. That dinner looks YUMMY, I think I'll try that soon!

Kaylin said...

Sounds fancy! I really like watching Everday Italian because Giada reminds me of a mix between Chantel and Sharmyn!
Chantel I think looks a lot like Giada, and Sharmyn has a similar personality to Giada (and cooking style!)

Jess said...

the grilled veggies sound yummy. I wish Taylor would get the grill fixed.... I'm not even going to go there.....