Monday, November 5, 2007

Bummed

Should be rolling around on the plush new free carpet that was supposed to be installed in our basement this morning. Instead, avoiding the work of ripping out the old pad, sweeping the cement and cover the tack strip with strips of the old turquoise carpet that was ripped out. Ripped out in anticipation of plush new free carpet being installed today. That plush new free carpet had a funky cut out of it making it completely unusable. So disappointed and did all that I could to not cry while the installation guy was here. It was my fault for pulling out the carpet ahead of time. I should of waited. I was worried about it when we were doing it. But that worry I thought was because the guy wasn't going to come back and install it for the price he quoted us. We were blessed with a unexpected refund check that almost covered the price of the installation and new pad. I wish that I didn't misinterpret that feeling.

I guess we will be sporting the industrial look in the basement for an unknown length of time. So bummed because we did not plan to replace the basement carpet for a while. The kitchen and bathrooms need tile since they are carpeted and really, we could of used that money for Christmas. Wah. I never thought I would want the turquoise carpet back.

Bright side, the plush new free carpet fits nicely into the spare bedroom downstairs. Then the spare room can forever rid it's name as the throw-up carpet room. And we have 30 yards of brand new pad so we won't have to buy that again. Yeah.......I am still bummed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet megan girl, I am so sorry! I can't even imagine how disappointed you must have been and to be caught off guard like that where you had no time to emotionally prepare for the disappointment is worse. and now a bare floor! do you think maybe finding a remnant is a possibility for christmas? Huge bummer, my heart is sad for you. Not sure what I can say but that I love you.

Kaylin said...

OH NO!!!
I am so so so sorry.
I do however have the coolest solution ever if you want to keep the cement. It is ULTRA modern, but totally classy! It will cost you right around $100 bucks. Most likely less than that though.
It's called cement etching. I can give you all the details if you want.

Jess said...

oh Honey! I'm with Teryn, what a blow without a chance to think twice! Good thing you have a Chic ultra modern hip little Niece to give you great ideas! So do you think you'll move Mia down to the throw up (no longer) room now?

Jess said...

And I just have to say one more time...."oh honey!!"
Loves ya...

Anonymous said...

SOOOO, SOOOO, SORRY!!! That is such a bummer! Not a nice way to start your day. So Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog through NaBloPoMo and thought I'd let you know I was here. Love the layout!

Anonymous said...

With our new property we are in an eternal state of construction. I come and check it out after work and it never gets done fast enough or cheap enough, but if I take a month snapshot, I realize there is a lot of progress. Hang in there, you might come to like the new look. Maybe you can use some sidewalk chalk down there?? I bet it would cathartic

Anonymous said...

Hey! I surfed in from the randomiser, and adore your blog header. (How random is THAT? I know.)

Anonymous said...

Here through NaBloPoMo Randomizer.

I feel your pain on this story. Home renovation is never fun or easy. And when (not if) it goes awry it is downright horrible. And then there's always the potential for the dreaded "unfinished project."

Best of luck figuring it all out.

Sharmyn said...

At least your popular now! What's the etching thing?? Yay - no more turquoise carpet. Like ripping off a bandaid. Painful, but necessary!!!

Kaylin said...

Holy moley! You are becoming quite the popular one!
What's NaBlo... whatever! I can't say it, what is it?