Saturday, November 24, 2007

Not for cleaning anymore.

Saturdays used to be the day that everyone worked and worked to get the house clean. We had lots of chores that had to be done before we could play. There were never ending projects and Dad's lists that were longer than the rest of ours. He always worked all day long into the wee hours of the morning. Then we had a sparkly clean house with many new projects finished and the sense of accomplishment mixed with exhaustion. That's how Saturdays used to be. Fast forward to today. There was no cleaning done today. I really want it all clean, but there is just no time. This is what my Saturdays are like now.
  • Wake up with baby before 7am. Nurse baby and feed kids.
  • Run early to the craft store to get the crafts that I need for Christmas presents on sale. 40% discount is definitely worth it.
  • Then went oh so late to my 8:30am rehearsal.
  • Back home after 10:30am.
  • Take care of baby that couldn't wait to see me again and negotiate play time for Mia.
  • Wash, dry and style Mom's hair. She's my babysitter on Saturday mornings. It's wonderful! She comes to ME so I can go to rehearsals.
  • Send home the extra four children that had migrated to my house so I can take Mom to run errands.
  • Go to Rod Works for Mom where she buys a really fun Santa. Jessica, you would love it!
  • Run into Target so I can see if they have any sale toys left that we wanted. Get one rain check, a bag of carrots, a free box of brownies and chocolate icing. The samples sold me.
  • Drop Mom off at home where she loads me up with Thanksgiving leftovers and homemade fudge. I am the favorite you know. :)
  • Hurry home to bathe everyone and finally get a shower. It's after 1:30pm by now.
  • Dry my hair and Mia's new do and get some make-up on.
  • Put baby down for nap.
  • Talk Mia out of playing outside in her best church dress and put on something warm. We settle on cowboy boots, a long sleeve dress, coat, Jake's gloves and a pretty bow. The bow part was crucial.
  • Finally get a chance to eat some lunch but realize that something spilled in the fridge, the dishes are still on the table, the stove has dried soup on it and there are 180 million crayons all over the floor.
  • Remember that I heated up soup 15 minutes ago and force myself to stop so I can eat. Hearty Hodgepodge soup with whole wheat bread and butter and a glass of Gingerale. Mmmm....comfort food.
  • Negotiate more playtime.
  • Find clean clothes for kids for tonight's concert.
  • Realize that I need to leave to pick up Mom in just 20 minutes and I am blogging about my day while my house is not cleaning itself.

Still need to figure out my concert clothes for the flute concert tonight in just over an hour. Guess I don't have time to practice. And I haven't started my Primary lesson. Don't forget that! I think that I will go and eat another piece of homemade fudge and then go squeeze myself into my concert black and hustle out to get Mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Wow you did a lot today. One of these Saturdays life will be slower!!! Here's to hoping!

Jess said...

Holy cow busy girl!!!
Atleast Sundays are calmer... (After church that is)

Sharmyn said...

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! I'm the favorite YOU"RE the baby - that's the order duh! I so wish I could hear you tootle. Sigh