Remember this
little project? It's been given to the cutest little girl Kelsey and her Mom has already sent a thank you note. That girl has got it together I tell ya.

Finally sat down and finished Mia's dress today. Because I miscalculated on the measurements of the first dress, which I was attempting a swing top length, left me with much less fabric than I needed for the 2nd dress. I had extra orange fabric and some solid black so I improvised and it's not too bad. I used the black to make wide straps instead of ribbon ties. I gathered the fabric and put a wide band of fabric on top. I am still debating on putting large orange buttons on the straps which was my original plan. Votes?

This dress is much cuter on the intended cutie. She just didn't want to participate. Wish I could say that Mia loves it. She doesn't. She says that she doesn't like orange. Only pink and green and purple and yellow and well, not orange. I have been trying to talk her into it. Big excited "won't it be so fun to wear for Halloween!" talk. It reminds me of Teryn except Teryn totally can do it. She can talk anybody into being excited about anything. It's a gift I tell you.
I think that a pocket or two would help things along. Yes, pockets are needed. That girls loves pockets. Hmmm? How to do that?
3 comments:
buttons and pockets would be cute.. but what is she going to wear under it so that she doesnt freeze?
Those will be adorable in pink and green and yellow, and purple, and well....not orange with a little shirt under it..
SO CUTE! Yes buttons and pockets - ditto. You must do the pockets in a third fabric. Make it a vintage Halloween print. It will be more affordable because you don't have to buy to much. Maybe you could have Mia help you pick it out - then she might get excited about it!!
GOOD JOB! You did it, you made it work out of the fabric you had, yea for you!!! I love it, very cute. I like the idea of buttons! Pockets would be cute, sounds hard...ya know since i don't sew. But when you are crafty Megan anything is possible!
Post a Comment