Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Boo'd

We got Boo'd last night. The cookies we got were delicious and it's always fun to find a treat on your doorstep. Jake and I were so excited to Boo someone tonight. For those who don't know what Boo'ing is, it is goodies with a ghost and poem inside instructing you to put the ghost on your door and then boo two or more people. There are so many examples of this in blogland that are spectacular. This one has the poem on it. Anyway, we had a great time running around tonight boo'ing the kids choice of house. I usually have the ingredients to make pumpkin spice cookies so we whipped them up, put them on cute Halloween plates from last years Target clearance, attached the ghost poem and away we went. Jake was commando style diving behind bushes. Mia giggled as we ran all the way home. It was so fun and simple to do! We are most definitely doing this next year.

We also were treated to some deliciously darling owl cookies from our neighbor Noreen. She says that she has been making these since she started having kids. Her youngest being 52 years old! I love the vintage look of these. I have to admit, I had to grab the last one up to quickly get a picture of it before they were all gone. It's blurry as usually, but that's because I was fighting the boys off from eating it. Besides, blurry is my signature style. Haha.

Noreen is so stinkin' adorable. She has spunk!! She is always traveling and having dinner parties. This past weekend, we got invited over for a party. She served a full course dinner that was delicious. Salmon chowder, mandarin green salad, fancy chicken and potatoes and homemade rolls. It was yummy! Good food and good conversation. I was happy that we got invited. I want to be like her when I get older. Maybe I should be more like her now.
Really can't believe that tomorrow is Halloween. Both relief for Halloween to finally be here and done with and shock that October flew by in a blur.

2 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

The owl cookies are so cute! Wish I had seen them before Halloween. :-)

Sharmyn said...

BOO and what's all of the HOCUS POCUS going on around your neighborhood? I'm glad you got BOO'd last night Jon and I got pumpkined with a whole bunch of paper pumpkins papering the yard with things like "You're boo-tiful." Don't you love Halloween? I think I'm in love with your neighbor!