Out of all of my babies, you are the one that likes to put things in your mouth. We really have to watch you when you are playing. You never know what you will start to eat, including your toes! Last Sunday morning, I was getting read for church and you were playing at my feet. Without warning, you started chewing the back of my ankle. It didn't hurt. Tickled more than anything but I still laugh over it. You literally were nipping at my heels to get going.
You are so loved by all the neighborhood kids. They think that you are fun to play with. The boys call you Sammy-Kong because you swat at them and their toy planes. That's a fun game that makes us all giggle. Jake likes to pretend that you are wrestling him. You guys roll around the ground together. Sometimes you think it's fun, sometimes not. The girls are always playing house and surprise! You are the baby of the family. Playing house is not always your idea of fun.I love, love, LOVE this picture of you! This is my view of you when I have you snuggled up to me. Looking so serious with your round pink cheeks and the way your bottom lip hides under your pouty top lip. Awwww....my baaaby! Just love snuggling and kissing those cheeks and neck.
So Mr. Samalicious, you are NOT crawling yet. This is a major source of stress for me. Sometimes, it is nice that you aren't crawling all over the place so I don't have to worry about the stairs yet but that doesn't mean that you aren't getting around. You can steamroll like a champ! I walked into the kitchen after putting you down in the front room and you came rolling in the kitchen almost immediately. It was hilarious! You had to be dizzy. You will get your toes under you and push off with great effort or get on your hands and knees and rock. That has to be a good start to crawling.
Your personality is really starting to take shape this month. Whenever we walk anywhere, your chubby little finger is pointing at something and then you look at me with a quizzical look upon your face and say "Dah?". You are in awe of all the decorations and lights. As you gaze at them, will look at me with a sparkle in your eye and that same "Dah!". That "Dah!" that speaks volumes to me. It tries to tell me how wonderful you think it is. That same pointing finger carefully plays your toy piano one note at a time. Playing the piano is serious business you know. You love to give me zerberts and it's a hay day of fun when I let you zerbert my tummy. Every month, I think the same. Where has the time gone and how did you get so big? You are growing up too fast. You are my favorite Fat Sam, my errand running buddy, my snugly, low-giggling, steam-rollin', zerbert-giving baby.
Love,
Mama
4 comments:
I want to give his cute pink cheeks a big ole kiss! I love that he is a steam roller! You go Sammy boy, roll away my friend! Don't worry about him not crawling, he will do it when he is ready (I know, it is hard not to, if you didn't worry about that there would be something else)!!
I agree with Dawn.. Don't worry about the crawling.. he's so bright, and he gets where he wants to go!!
Cute pictures, and cute little tales..
I love it all.
Love ya
Cute Sam! I have a feeling that Easton and Sam are going to be great buddies! I want to see him do the steamroll! That is so funny! What is he going to be for Halloween? I am excited to see!
Oh sweet, sweet, entry. I'm so glad you love him. I love these letters to him. Please tell me you are keeping them. I love that first pic of him and then the one of his sweet face and pink cheeks. Darling.
Post a Comment