Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jake's 2008

A year in review of Jacob.



January


Jake rocks his first ever tumbling review. I am especially proud at how hard he worked at it and how he overcame his insecurities.
February
Jake turns eight. He has a energetic Star Wars party with several of his good friends. I learned that the next party I do will be at a venue with lots and lots of space to run around and yell.

March

Jake gets baptized. He was so excited and looked so handsome in his suit that Grandma Sharon and Gramps gave him for his birthday. Jake loves being the center of attention and usually gets very rowdy but that day, he had a reverent spirit about him. Ryan and I were blown away that we had a child old enough to be baptized already.


April

I love watching Jake play with Sammy. He's always been pretty good to him. Jake had spent quite a bit of time setting up his Lincoln Logs and soldier men requesting I take a video of his battles. Sam was instantly by his side, knocking down his buildings and men. Instead of getting mad, he pretended that Sammy was attacking the village. Unfortunately, Blogger won't upload the video clip.
May



June
Jake blogs about his Pokemon cards. Jake loves to have me take pictures of his collections. He often calls for me anxiously asking me to take pictures of his latest battle or collection. And he loves to blog about it!

July



The 4th of July parade water fight was the highlight of Jake's month. He was looking forward to using his new water gun and getting soaked.

August

September

Jake enjoys his first season of soccer. I had been encouraging him to try it for years and finally, he wanted too. He did pretty good too. But, the highlight of the month for me was him finally, finally, FINALLY learning to ride his bike! Hooorrray!

October
Long gone are the days when I could encourage Jake to pick a costume that I loved. This years choice was 100% Jake. Halloween 2008 was good fun!

November
November flew by for me! Not much blogging was done but that doesn't mean we didn't have fun!
December


This year, Santa made all of Jacob's dreams come true by gifting him a Star Wars AT-TE walker! I hope Santa knows how 110% happy Jake is with it and plays with it daily.
It's amazing to me to look at how much he has grown this year. It's been fun for me to look back at all the fun things he has done this year! Here's to 2009!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are GREAT! And such cute children you have.