Remember my spray painting project gone wrong? Well, I fixed it. It's not perfect, but it's good enough! I sanded some of the grit off and sprayed with another brand of paint. That paint worked much, much better. If I would of taken more time to sand, it probably would have looked even better.
I am super pleased with how these lamps turned out. They were such a bargain! The lamps were $5 each from the DI, new lamp harps on clearance for $3.48 each, the brand new lamp shades were a score from a yard sale for $1 each, $3 for spray primer, $3 for gritty spray paint, then $3 more for another try. Cheap, cheap, cheap and I think they look pretty good! Today, I added a dollars worth of ribbon to see how I like it. What do you think? With or without?
28 comments:
WITH! I like the ribbon on the shades. What a great inexpensive project you had here! And it turned out very pretty!
My votes for the ribbon.. I like the way they turned out, way to go super star..
Definitely keep the ribbon. What great looking lamps! They look expensive.
I like the ribbon too!! The lamps look great!
Keep the ribbon. They look very high end. Great makeover!
I really like these. I say with the ribbon too!
These lamps are COOL! I would definitely keep the ribbon.
So cute! I like it w/the ribbon...it really "fancies" the lamp up!
Very nice! I like the ribbon too!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
So chic! I love it with the ribbon. These look great!
Very pretty, I just love the shape of it, too :)
Nice to meet you,
Bella
Those lamps look pretty classy now and I think the ribbon on the shades will be the ultimate touch of elegance. Go for it! People will think you paid the big bucks for custom lamps.
I'm with everyone else--keep the ribbon!
Wow, what a deal--and LOVE the ribbon. They look good without the ribbon too, but the ribbon adds such a nice finishing touch.
~ Sarah
WITH! And you know I call GW that because I kept calling it DI when I moved here! Gees I miss DI!
Way to go on such a fancy find!
Oh I like the ribbon! They look awesome!
with the ribbon!! It adds a nice touch!
Thanks for visiting my blog--your projects rock!!!
-Tabitha
Roots & Wings
With for sure! (Look at you go- 18 comments!!)
They look awesome. It is wonderful to see what a change a bit of ribbon can do!
Very cool redo! love the ribbon. cherry
Very nice re-do and I vote for ribbon.
I like the added touch of the ribbon. and the lamps turned out great!
diane
I just love re-dos or before and after projects.
Thumbs up! :o}
Definatly WITH the ribbon! I love that idea!! Great job! :)
I like the ribbon! Great job. I have never been brave enough to paint over metal. I might have to try it now.
Love them! I like the ribbon. I too have scored some treasures with hidden potential from the good ol' D.I.!
I love the lampshade! Great job!! I want to give you a personal invitation to Screaming Meme's Faux School~ I'm teaching a continual class on different faux techniques! So, get to class ...your late! :)
Tres chic!
Keep the ribbon!!!
Post a Comment