Monday, August 25, 2008

Just call me Joy...

***************************************
Sorry, posted wrong link on Nester's 10 minute change.
**********************************

While talking on the phone today, I somehow decided that it was the perfect time to spray paint my fabulous finial find from the D.I. about a month ago. I was too busy chatting to take a before pic plus, I wasn't sure how good it would turn out. Just imagine forest green...

When Joys of Home posted this post about some finials that she made into beautifully aged garden finials, I knew that's what I wanted to do with mine. So, just like Joy, I spray painted it with gray primer. Then, just like Joy, I dry brushed some white acrylic paint over it. And to my surprise, it worked! It wasn't hard at all. I like it very, very much and have been busy auditioning it in different places in my home.


Today, Joys of Home is having a spray-painting party. I had a post about my lamps that I recently finished on her list already but I can't help myself for quickly throwing this un-planned project on the list too.

Thanks for the inspiration Joy!!

18 comments:

Nicole said...

I love it, I can't wait to see where it's final home is. Your lamps look great also. You should come over sometime and make one of those halloween trees from susis harris blog with me.

Joy said...

The finial turned out great! Didn't you say that you picked it up at a thrift store? You probably just paid a couple of dollars right? And nw it looks like a piece from a boutique.

Ashley said...

This turned out great. It looks like you bought it that way.

Iowa Birdie said...

Please enlighten me...what is the DI? I have seen that on several blogs and am totally clueless. :)

Jess said...

Whats it fer?

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!!

cherry said...

Very cool! Paint is so addicting. So where will it be going? cherry

Unknown said...

I love the way your project turned out. Looks just like the expensive ones you can buy!
Diane

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

It is looking good!

~Sarah

ROXY said...

Love the finial!! Great color, so glad I stumpled upon your blog!! Love it:)

Marie said...

Love that finial! Great job. I'll have to try that technique next!

Heather Anne said...

You did a great job - it looks so pretty! Great find!

Carry Grace said...

I like how the finial turned out. I feel like I have too many items in my home being auditioned in a new spot. I will eventually get it right.

Kimba said...

It's beautiful! What a great project.

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I cant wait to see where it ends up!!

Blogger said...

I love finials! I only have 1, but I could see myself getting crazy with those things ;)

Yours came out very pretty, I bet you love it :)

Bella

Screaming Meme said...

Awesome! I love it!!! Hi! I'm Meme from Screaming Meme...I want to personally invite you to Screaming Meme's Faux School...I'm teching a continual class in different faux techniques....Come check it out!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I LOVE spray paint. Your finial is so cute. I am going to try that!

Looks awesome!

Jen