Monday, December 15, 2008

Li'l Nutcracker

Today, the parents were invited the last 15 minutes of dance class to watch their performance of the Nutcracker. Needless to say, I loved it! What's not to love about watching a room full of five-year old girls feeling pretty as they danced? Mia's face was just priceless. She loved every minute of it and I couldn't stop feeling so proud of her.

Mia's dance teacher is amazing with the girls. All of her girls love and respect her. They listen to what she says and follow her along sweetly. I am thankful that she is such a loving and positive teacher. She let's the girls be little girls encouraging them to do their best.

I was so, so sad when my batteries died. I had only gotten a minute of the dance. (Thank goodness for friends! My friend took pictures of Mia for me. I can't wait to get them!)

The dance starts out with the girls going to the party in their coats. When they get to the party, the coats switch to party dresses for the dancing. Next, they were the mice running around like mice do and they fought the Mouse King with sticks and won of course. The girls giggled while the faught. So cute!! They dashed off stage and each got a tiara and a sparkly wand and finished off being the sweetest Sugar Plum Fairies I have ever seen! I loved every minute of it! I am so sad that I didn't have it all on video.

So, without further ado, "How Did I Get Here?" presents Mia's performance in the Nutcracker.

3 comments:

Sharmyn said...

Oh my goodness I cried! Please, please, please, ask other parents if they got it on video. I can't stand it - it makes me so happy!

Dawn said...

TOO CUTE!!!

Jess said...

Darling Darling Darling! I can't stand how cute that was, I want more!! encore encore!