Thursday, December 18, 2008

Monkeys' Party

This little monkey had a monkey party. See, monkey cupcakes? That's it for the monkey theme. I am elaborate! And this little monkey was silly happy at his party. He was so excited over having Grandma, Gramps, Auntie Dee! Dee! and li'l ol Matt over at his house, he did what any good host would do. He entertained. He'd yell "DANCE!" and then spin himself silly falling over in laughter then get right back up and do it again. It took some convincing to get him over to open his presents but Ry won him over. After opening his first present (a cute wooden ring toss clown - Thanks Teryn!), he ran and threw away all the paper. Several trips in fact until he decided it was more fun to throw it over his shoulder. This present opening was serious business. First, he had to get all that paper off and then he had to hold it over his head to show everyone.





And he happily played with every present after opening them. I bet it took the better part of an hour for him to get them all opened. Mia just about couldn't contain herself.

He wasn't so sure of the candles on the cupcakes so he ran to Dad for comfort and help. That didn't stop him from doing it several times and then eating several tops of several cupcakes. He's been so happy and has played all day with his new toys. He's a lucky boy!

3 comments:

Jess said...

what fun! I love it all.. Happy Birthday Sammy

Sharmyn said...

Oh my goodness! What a big boy already! I love the whole DANCE! scene.

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday little monkey...oh I mean Sammy! The cupcakes are very cute. I still can't believe he is so big.