Sunday, December 7, 2008

Flautisimo

This year, the flute choir that I play in, Flautisimo, Christmas schedule was nice and light. I am very thankful for that! Last year it was so crazy!

Our first performance was at the Joseph Smith Memorial building. It's such a pretty place to be and fun to play at. We played from the balcony to the visitors below as they came and went.
Do you see me?? Second from the right, bottom row.
The building was decorated beautifully. The tree was amazing! Thanks to Nicole for having the foresight to take a few pictures of the performance. It's nice to have.


That night, we played at the local Nativity celebration. It was quick and easy and I was fortunate to have my mother-in-law Sharon and Aunt Megan (Dee! Dee!) come and help with my kids. It's always helpful to not have to pay for a babysitter. I snuck little peaks at my kids while we were playing. It's hard not to laugh! It's not something that they really, um, enjoy. Thank goodness for Gram, Dee! Dee! and snacks!

Afterwards, we enjoyed the displays and craft projects they had to offer. Then it was time for the lighting parade. The Christmas parade is such a crack up!! I think it might be the worlds shortest parade yet. The parade got to us at 6:13pm and we were home by 6:27pm. All of the cars and fire engines and what nots are all lit up. My favorite by far is the V-Dub club. They were decked out in lights complete with trees on top of the bugs and buses. (I drove a VW bus in High School and college and it was an absolute blast! I do miss it.) Of course the Grinch on top of a little beater car with a snow shovel strapped to the front that had a stuffed dog on it made me laugh. I sure wish that I would remember my camera for this stuff. It's a priceless tradition that we have enjoyed for the past two years.

Just one more flute performance and we will be done for the holiday. I can't believe how fast it all is flying by. Sammy's birthday is next week!

2 comments:

Even Better Than the Real Thing said...

That is so cool, I think it is great that you get to do that for yourself. You should post when your next preformance is and I will come.

Sharmyn said...

Ohhh so wish I could have been there. I'm so GLAD you are doing this flutey girl!