Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Pumpkin Pouch"

I felt like a last minute, impromptu adventure for some festive pumpkin picking. I rounded up the kids and headed on out to Pack's Pumpkin Patch (or "pouch" as Mia calls it) and the weather was perfect and punkins a plenty. Of course the kids had a grand ol time begging to come back again soon to pick more and BIGGER pumpkins!

Mia found the perfect pumpkin for sitting on. Gotta love the pose and the smile. She is so into that these days.
Samalicious thought that was a great idea and set off to find all the pumpkins that were just his size to sit upon.



We searched all over the patch finding our perfect pumpkins for us. I was in love with the flat wide pumpkins (I think they are called Cinderella pumpkins?) but they were so incredibly heavy and I had a limited budget to work with. I did find a tiny little one way back in the back of the field so I got to claim it for me. Mia picked a perfectly round white pumpkin. She's my girl! I love me some white pumpkins.

Sammy wandered the field following the kids until he found his perfect pumpkin. Just his size and a bit heavy for him. I loved watching him pick it up and declare "heavy!" as it drops only to pick it up again working hard to get it into the stroller. He knew what to do. That pumpkin was his perfect pumpkin! (I am brilliant and took the video sideways. I always do that! But doesn't his gravely voice sound so cute?)



Jacob enthusiastic as always, ran around picking up pumpkins here and there. He found his perfect pumpkin, the biggest in the bunch of course. He's a goofy kid. I like him.

The big kids played in the hay maze while Sammy and I checked out. We ended up with 31 pounds of small pumpkins, the smallest amount by far in that line. The person in front of me had 149 pounds worth of pumpkins!


So even though it was busy at the "pumpkin pouch" it was a perfect night for the kids and I. They can't wait to paint and carve them!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I LOVE the video, I had to listen to him twice. he's so sweet!

Brianne said...

I am glad to see I am not the only one doing the video the wrong way. SO CUTE ... fun times at the pumpkin "pouch"