Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Still feeling grateful.
We got handed down a kitchen table and chairs from my brother James and lovely sister-in-law Debbie. I am so excited about it especially since our kitchen chairs were on their last legs. Literally. Just about lost the 3rd chair out of the four that we bought. Jake broke the first and I broke the 2nd. I was standing on it fixing something while talking on the phone when it all of the sudden tipped over. I crushed it with my massive behind. Mia was extremely distraught over the chair. Never mind my bruised body. I took a picture to prove it. Who would of thought that Shopko chairs just wouldn't last??
Not only did I kill the chair but the poor, tortured ficus tree too. You can see it's leaves strewn about in this picture. I moved the tree constantly because I thought it wasn't getting enough light, too much light, not enough water, too much water.....ahh! Why aren't you happy tree?!?! I didn't know that the tree was in shock from all that movement.
Where was I? Oh yes, the table and chairs. It's a nice pedestal table with six Windsor back chairs. It has a large leaf that when put in, I can sit 8 easily. Our kitchen eating area is small so I don't think that we will be putting the leaf in any time soon, but still, it's nice to know that we have it. And the best part about the whole deal was that my brother James and his son brought the table over to our house, set it up in the kitchen and took the old table and chairs downstairs. I didn't have to do anything but gush over how generous they were and how grateful that they were setting it up for us. They were happy to do it too! It almost feels foreign to me when I am helped without asking and is happy to do it too. I am afraid that I am getting pretty spoiled. First my Dad helping with the painting and fixing the tree and pulling the carpet. Then my mom decorating and taking care of the Christmas tree for me. I feel like I am on a pedestal with somebody hand feeding me grapes and fanning me with big leaves. Ahhh......it's a wonderful feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What goes around comes around - remember ALL of those times you've helped others? Right back at-ya sister! Hooray cool table! Did they get a new one?
YEah for new table! looks good
Sounds like you've a lot to be grateful for! What a great time of year to have those who love you do nice things! What a great gift! Your table looks good, I'm sooo excited for you.
Post a Comment