- two flute rehearsals -check
- four flute gigs - check
- three Christmas parties - one at my house - check
- painted my hallway - check
- helped rip out the blasted carpet in the bathroom (yuck and yeah!) - check
- decorated the house - check
- go to work in between - check
- Do all of these events BEFORE the 10th of December - check
I haven't been home for an evening until last night when we had our family Christmas party at my house. It's always nice to get together but my house is too small to accommodate that many people! We still had a good time crammed together.
I was most definitely stressed that the family party was going to be at my house this year. I cleaned just about every chance that I got and it still wasn't enough time. My sweet parents helped me out a ton. Papa came and helped me finish painting the hallway and ripped out that stinky bathroom carpet. He fixed the Christmas tree when the lights went out somewhere between strand one and strand ten. He helped watch my kids while I was at rehearsals.Now my crazy schedule is done and I just need to pull myself together for Sam's 1st birthday next week. Can't believe that it's already been a year! Then onto Christmas.........
Only two more major events spaced out over two weeks. I think that I can handle that.
****************************************
My good friend Dawn has finally started her own blog. Head on over to see what life in Texas brings during the month of December. Dawn's blog found here.
3 comments:
I bet you are exhausted! Just think it's over...yeah!!!! Happy b-day planning for Sammy!
oh ya, your tree looks pretty. It is huge!! I love all the lights you have on it!
Oh man. YOur list reminds me of a thing or two I still have to do!! Sounds like you're def staying on top of things. :-)
Post a Comment