Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Your Mamas' house

For the last four days I have been painting. Yes, painting again. It's the biggest space in our house and as usual, every surface has to be painted. Oye! I am pretending that I don't have to paint the ceiling. Tra-la-la-la. I can't hear you.

The front room and kitchen has been the hardest for me to decide on color because a) it's the room that everyone sees when they walk into the house b) there was a lot of wallpaper to strip off c) it's the main living area that we use in the house, and d) it's the room that EVERYONE sees when they walk into the house. Painting mess and all.

I have spent countless hours bugging everyone that I know for their opinion of wall colors. "What's this color you have painted? Would you do it again? What combinations did you use?" blah, blah, blah-lah, blah. I am really rather annoying. I really, really don't want to paint again anytime soon and my paint money is just about out. And, I don't want it to look like your run of the mill Mama's house.

So, after hours on the phone with designer extraordinaire sister Teryn, good taste sister-in-law Debbie and friends coming over, we finally decided on a color. Two actually. TWO colors! Scary for me indeed because I have always painted one color for all the walls and I don't have chair rail. Still, I like the colors and hopefully it will all pull together. It is really rather safe since the colors that are going up are Herbivore and Almond. Green and yep, I am guilty of it, cream. A non-color in my book.

As I was painting last night, Ryan came home and liked the almond color. Then he walked in the kitchen and asked what I was doing with the green wall. "This wall and this wall over here will be green.", I replied feeling confidant in my, I mean, everyone else, decision. "Why would you do that?" he scoffed. Uhhh......yeah. I will just pretend that you think it's wonderful and we will go from there.

Still, anything looks better than this lovely powder blue and floral border and plaid wall paper combination.

Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see the after pics! I think you'll like it once it is ALL done! I like my green! Good luck and happy painting.

Jess said...

yep, I'm excited to see the after pics too. I like MY green TOO!! boys don't know whats up..
Love ya

Sharmyn said...

YES! Herbivore and Almond - what cool, cool, cool, names. YAY! You go painter girl.