Friday, September 28, 2007

Dopey, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sneezy, Bashful and whatever the last one is. Oh yeah, Sleepy. How could I forget?

Baby boy is not sleeping too well lately. I have been letting him cry it out and it makes for long hours of being awake and not enough hours of sleep. I can't stand listening to him cry. It breaks my heart in a million pieces! I get tense and tap my toes nervously and pace. I have to distract myself so I have been doing laundry. A lot of laundry at 3:30 in the morning. And I have crazy thoughts that maybe I will paint the ceiling in the front room when I up.

His cries, oh, they are too sad and they last way too long. Two hours for the first two nights and 1 1/2 hours for the past two nights. I feel like a bad mom for doing this, but he's got to learn. He was getting up 3-4 times in the night just out of habit. I can't go back now. Still, I can't say enough how much it breaks my heart that my little smooshable baby is crying for me to nurse and comfort him.

Needless to say, I have been feeling a bit on the grumpy side when morning comes. This morning, Mia was climbing on me and Sam was trying to nurse but was mostly distracted by Mia's acrobatics and I whined to Ryan "I'm grumpy!". Immediately, sweet Mia's face lights up and she says "Your not grumpy! You don't live in the forwest with the seven dwar-izes (dwarfs)!". It made me laugh and lightened up my sour mood. At least for a little bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I thought my girls were stuborn. Good for you, stay strong. Just keep in mind that when Sammy is crying he is not hurt, he is just trying to get things his way.
That's one way of getting your house work done, myself I just stayed in bed.
I love the things your little ones say and do to brighten our "grumpy" moods.

Sharmyn said...

Hang in there Grumpy!!