A long time ago, I went to Target for a new lipstick. Of course, you don't go to Target just for a lipstick. Target, bless it's heart, has way too many good deals and cute things to buy. I had to check it out. After all, I have my route I follow around the entire store. I know, I am a dork. Or a super shopper. You choose.
After I found the lovely shade a creamy pinky-brown, I set off to find the deals. I found adorable shoes for Jake (possible Mia?) at the killer "can't resist shoes at 75% off and dang they are cute to boot!!" price, grabbed a few groceries and other forgettable items and it was time to go. When I got to the check out, I couldn't find the lipstick. I thought it fell out of the cart. Oh well. Not concerned even though I actually went to Target to buy lipstick. I thought I would just get it the next time I went because any excuse to go to Target is a good excuse. Right? Right.
I happily went on my way with my newly acquired deals. At home, I empty the bags and the lipstick falls out of the shoes. (See why I remember the shoes now?) I wasn't charged for the lipstick. Never fear. I will take care of it. I tossed the lipstick into my purse to pay for the next time I was there and I never did. And you know what? Every time I used the lipstick, I thought "This is the lipstick that I (accidentally) stole from Target." Tainted though it was, it was a nice shade of pinky-brown that Mia favored when she wanted to wear mommy's lipstick. Ever since the incident, I have made it a point to make sure the bill is correct.
Since then, I have been overcharged twice and undercharged so many times it's ridiculous. Long story for a small point but it's such a pain to drag the kids back into the store to pay for these items. Over the past two days, I have managed to visit Target three times. Not the best idea when funds are stretched tight. From those purchases, the checkers have missed:
- One Halloween light-up necklace from Dollar Spot that I thought would be cute as a decoration in a wreath. Price: $1 (obviously).
- One Totally Tools fancy dancy cutter tool thingy. Been eyeing it for a while and thank you Target for putting it on sale 75% off and for me being the super shopper that I am and finding quite possibly the last one in the store. Wahoo! $1.49-ish.
- And finally, three, yes THREE, 18 gallon storage totes. She only charged me for one when I had four. $12.
That's a lot, right? So here I am, trying to be honest so I don't have to feel guilty using tainted goods and I have to point it out. While I am doing it, the customer service desk clerk almost always gives me the evil eye. That's just over the last two purchases! I can also remember a package of napkins, a baby toy (not the checkers fault since the uh, baby stole it - ahem - remember to check carseat for toys to entertain baby while shopping), mints or something similar, a Father's Day card and a powder compact. Sheesh.
Watch your receipts my friends. We can pretend that we are contributing to the economy but really, it's important that we don't have to have a guilty conscious over that perfect creamy shade of pinky-brown lipstick.
1 comment:
goodness! I Never look at my reciept! I guess I should huh?
Loved this post Meg, it was a good one..
loves ya..
Post a Comment