
So I finally broke down and treated myself to a new book. A sewing book as you can see. This book has so many cute little projects in it that I am very excited to try! I just need to decide which one to start with. She writes with a fun, casual style that makes you feel like she is talking to you. The beginning of the book has some helpful information about the basics of sewing. I have never taken any sewing classes, so any help in that department is beneficial to my confidence. The crafty blog world is exploding with great ideas and I think it's wonderful that she got a chance to write a book because of her blog. You can read her blog to, angry chicken, and she has a flickr group that you can check out some finished projects.
Now, I am off to decide which project to do. I have a friend that's expecting a baby girl any day now. Oooooo! I have visions of darling little handmade gifts. I hope that I can pull it off!
4 comments:
Yay! You got it! I can't wait to see how you like it!
okay, my vote is to make some really cool big (BIG) bibs. I can't get a day without Mathew covering 4 outfits in food. and stripping him down is just as inconvenient. so bring on the bibs baby!
I like this too
http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltingmick/1303067920/in/pool-340229@N25/
ohhh ohhh ohhhh!
you could make a really pretty table cloth for your dining room.. bring in the new color from your living room wall.... that would look really nice!
or you can just make me one.
loves ya!
Post a Comment