
The first day of school for Mia and Jake of course was exciting. The morning ran smoothly and the kids were happy. It's tradition to pick out your first day of school outfit and lay it out the night before. Mia choose a Wonder Woman t-shirt and skinny jeans which she calls her skinnies. Jake went for the classic stand by of Star Wars. I couldn't help but wonder why I let them pick these shirts out in the store when there were so many other darling choices but can't help but laugh. When I told my sister Sharmyn, she thought they needed to wear their super hero shirts the first day so they could run faster, think smarter and be less hungry. I think she might be right.
Everyday since, Mia's outfits have become more and more fashionista. Accessorizing with scarfs is her signature move. Whether it's a belt or a necklace-like style, it changes with her mood. She's all about her shoes being cute so her cute little Sketchers that are great for playing in are not acceptable. Now being in 1st grade, going all day has been a challenge for her playful heart, but she loves her teacher, has many old friends in her class and is making more new friends each day.
Jake's style is what I would call a little more laid back. As in, would wear the clothes he wore yesterday and slept in last night kind of a style. In typical Jake manner, he loves being at school. He really enjoys being a part of anything. I can't believe he is in 4th grade already! We both really like his teacher too. She's very organized and is teaching the kids great organizational habits. Already, the spelling, vocabulary, sentences and reading are challenging Jake which I am happy about since his spelling words last year were way to simple in my opinion.
So nearly ending week two of school, we are slowly building a routine. Trying to figure out the best homework times especially since Jake has a lot more of it this year. I'm looking forward to being involved in both classes this year and being able to see the dynamics of the class and how my children interact.
Now, if I could just figure out how to slow down time. These days are flying by too fast for me.
3 comments:
Cute little kids! I remember 4th grade so well. I can't believe that Jake is in 4th! I miss them!!!!!!!
They really are going to fast...everything needs to just SLOW down!
Everything you say about Mia's personality is so fun to hear. It would be just be my luck that Jane decides to be a Tomboy! :(
Mia is a fashionista! Skinnies is totally what they are called too- smart girl! :) School days seem like they are forever away for my kids, but in reality, they are just around the corner. Crazy!
Post a Comment