Thursday, March 5, 2009

Project install dishwasher complete.

Meet the new hired help. My neighbor Kem came by to congratulate us on our new addition. She's fun like that.

I know, I know. A dishwasher? Not that exciting but it is very exciting when you haven't had a dishwasher for three years! In fact, in the ten years that we have been married, we have only had a dishwasher for four years of it.

To get a dishwasher put in it required more work then we thought. First of all, it was a solid bank of custom built cabinets. The cabinet had to be reworked. Then the electrical had to be redone. Then the easiest part, the plumbing. After all the bids I got, we lucked out on finding the right contractor for us right in our own neighborhood. Right in our own ward. I found him when he came over to give me a new calling. A new calling and a dishwasher. Sounds great to me!

All the workers were great! They were friendly and quick and by the end of the day, we had ourselves a new dishwasher. Lucky for us, we didn't have to replace the counter tops since they had a fairly large (and odd) overhang on that side. It looks better than it did before. Like it has always been there. Love that! I bought a white dishwasher even though I really wanted the stainless steel one, but, all of our appliances are fairly new so really, it would never match.

Tonight, it took it's maiden voyage. Ryan and I stood hand in hand as we watched our baby take it's first steps. So quiet and lovely. We are so proud and I am very thankful. Thank you honey Ryan!

Now, on to the next project. The FLOOR! Washable, easy to clean floor. Then the backsplash and maybe some bead board, a new pendant light, repaint and finish painting from the first time around, a window covering and paint the kitchen table and chairs oh and new countertops would be nice. And also a built in microwave while we are talking. (Sorry hon, I know my list drives you bonky. Still love ya!)

10 comments:

Sharmyn said...

Oh punkin!! What an amazing day! It does look like it was always there. What kind of dishwasher did you get? YAHOOOO!

Sharmyn said...

Oh and what is your new calling?

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Primary Secretary. I got released from Primary for two weeks and then right back in. I do like it though.

Jess said...

It looks Fab! So happy for you!!!

Jen said...

Oh, I am so happy for you! And I do hope you are enjoying your new kitchen helper as much as I am enjoying mine. Thanks for stopping by my blog! You are welcome back anytime.

Kem said...

What a wonderful day. You now have an awesome new dishwasher and I just happened to stop by.... How great. Enjoy the brand spanking new dishwasher you deserve it.

KA said...

Anybody who can live without a dishwasher for as many years as you have deserves a medal (and some new kitchen appliances).

Dawn said...

Yeehaw!!! That is awesome, looks good. It being quiet is sooooo nice, mine is a loud beast!!! I'm so happy for your new addition :)

Kaylin said...

I know what it's like not having a dishwasher, not fun!! SO exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Your dishwasher looks great!! I can't wait to see your painted table project :-)