Last Sunday, I let the kids "ride" their bikes to church and back. I let them practice some more during the week. That Friday night, I stopped at DI really quick after work when I found a shiny green bike just right for Jake. And it was only $10. I called Ry and went through all the details of the bike and I remember saying to Ryan that he had to learn someday and he had outgrown his little red bike. So, hoping to keep the encouragement up, I packed up the green bike and surprised it to him the next morning. He was thrilled! He immediately hopped on and fell off. Crap. Right over the rock wall, face planting into the mulch and grass! I thought it was over and done with. He would never get on that bike again. Thankfully, much to my surprise, he got back on. Phew!
He "rode" it all the way to the church for the Primary practice and showed it off to his friends. His friends thought that his bike was very cool! Awesome. Two points for Mama! I was glad that I let him ride it even though we were running late. On the way home, he did something that I thought that I would never, ever see. He pedalled his bike. Not just once or twice quickly catching his balance, he actually rode his bike! Hallelujah! It's a miracle! I was so amazed and surprised and PROUD! Just two days after Mia was seen riding, he was doing it himself. And he is thrilled to pieces himself.
Way to go Jakey-Jake! We love you and are soooooo extremely happy that you learned!!!
3 comments:
I'm glad Ezra isn't the only one who doesn't ride his bike. Neither of my boys are very interested in learning to ride. I thought the training wheels would get embarrasing when Ezra started school- I was wrong. Maybe someday. I guess this childhood pleasure isn't for everyone.
Yeahhaaw!! Way to go Jakey-jake!! That video is so darling! I love it.
Ahh, listen to the chatter and the claps.
Post a Comment