Mia successfully made it through her first day of kindergarten today. She was so nervous the night before, asking me if I was going to come with her to class. I enjoyed walking with the kids this morning, holding hands, Jacob talking my ear off and Mia quietly contemplating what lay before her. Quickly finding our way to her line, she nervously stood and waited giving a me a weak smile. Mommies surrounded the kindergartners smiling and hugging and wiping tears - both mommies and kids. Then they were off, headed to class to start the first day of their school careers. Murmurs were heard of how big they were and how they would be missed.
The school held a Boo-Boo Breakfast for parents right after they left for class. We were served homemade granola, yogurt, fruit and juice. Delicious and much better than I ever eat. It almost makes me want to make my sister's delish granola. Almost.
Before I knew it, the morning was over. Half-day Kindergarten is really short. Quickly walking with Sam to pick her up, she came out with the same shy smile as she had going in. No questions were answered about her day other than recess was too short. Later, I heard her telling Ryan that two kids got lost at the park (playground) but were found. I think that she likes recess. Other tidbits of info she parted with throughout the day: she got to do centers, go to the 'puter (computer) room but didn't get to use them, had story time and another girl has the same shoes as she does.
My little shy girl is growing up too quickly. I find myself trying to enjoy each moment with her and my boys. Trying to absorb the way they smile, the things they play, the quirky way they pronounce some words, their laughter, their passions and their frustrations. Sam's round cheeks, Jake's toothless grins, Mia's warm brown eyes. Trying to burn the image and sound in my head praying that I will remember this time with them.
1 comment:
aww....
Post a Comment