I have to admit that Ryan and I are total dorks and go thrift shopping often. Thrift is such a nice word for it, isn't it?? Well today I made the trip to DI with the three kiddos and totally scored! I was beyond excited to see these Pottery Barn plaques that retail for $29.99 each for only $2 each!! TWO BUCKS EACH! Seriously excited and as a bonus, I really wanted these when they were in their catalog last year. Le darling, no?
And since it's now hot, hot, HOT! I bought a Slip N' Slide or maybe should be renamed "Run on it and maybe slide"-slide. Whatever works for you. Either way, it's been a blast and lots of friends were here to play on it. Mia's friend even packed a bag for the event. It was hilarious!! She brought sparkly shoes, a book, bracelets, mirror, sunglasses, sunscreen, jammies, towel a whole lot of other girly stuff. Her mom and I sat in the shade giggling over her cuteness as she pulled all of her gear out.
8 comments:
ahh how fun the slipnslide looks!!
you could squirt a bit of dish soap to make it more slideable!!--well maybe more than bit.
good job at thrift store!!!!!!
That looks like so much fun. A girl can't swim without a braclet and a mirror, that is to funny.
Sometimes I wish I wasn't surrounded by a bunch of old people. A my house a whole what 4 blocks away, it's pretty dull, I never see kids outside playing.
I'm a dork, I didn't even say anything about your cool DI finds. I need to visit that place sometime. Is the new one opened yet?
Killer finds! Those are very cool! Yea, for the slip n slide! I'm glad it's warmed up for you to play in the water :) I hope you are staying cool inside.
We are getting a DI here, and I am excited!
oh, the good ol' slip n slide days. I remember one of the first times we used it our tummy muscles hurt every time we laughed the next day. We ended up making each other laugh all day long. To be a kid again!
Megan, I gave you an award. Come over to my blog and get it!
Megan, I almost forgot, you will be making ten cards for the card swap, that need to be mailed (or go on a walk :) to me by the tenth.
Le Fun! I can't believe you found those at Le DI.
Post a Comment