The baptism was at 1:30pm. I was feeling a bit stressed at the last minute getting everyone out the door and to the church. When I got there, it was so nice and peaceful and our family was there. It was a nice feeling and all the weight of the stress of getting there melted away. Jake looked like a little angel all dressed in white. We started the program with Jake playing "I Am A Child of God" on the auto harp. He did a very good job and I was happy that Sharon taught him to do it. She is good like that. Then Sharon gave a talk about baptism. She told us that she planned the talk for Jake and if we wanted to listen, that was okay with her.
It was time for the baptism and I was proud as Jake and Ryan walked hand in hand into the baptismal font. I am so blessed to have them in my life. Ryan got a bit choked up as he started the prayer. Baptised by immersion, he did go all the way under before his toes popped out of the water. As we waited, we had some lovely music by my niece Elyse. She did a wonderful job and I was thankful that she was willing to do it for us. Jake and Ryan came in. Jake looked so handsome in his little suit! A talk on Confirmation was given by my nephew Davin. (A little side note, we asked Jake who he wanted to have for the program give talks and what songs. He decided that he wanted to have my nephew Chris give a talk. It was surprising choice that he gave without hesitation. We decided to have a second choice since we weren't sure if Chris was going to be there since his wife was due the day before. So, second choice, Davin. I think that he must look up to these boys. Good examples!) Davin did a good job and I think that Jake really understood. Jake was being pretty goofy and answering all the questions. That's okay with me. It's just his personality. Ryan gave the confirmation blessing that was very nice. We finished by singing Jake's favorite Primary song, "Scripture Power" and a prayer.
After the baptism, we headed to our house for light snacks and visiting. I love having my family and friends around me. We just can't talk fast enough! A few gifts to open. His own new set of scriptures, some fun scipture toys, and Jessica gave Jake a big fluffy white towel that will have his name and baptismal date embroidered on it. It such of fun keepsake.
We are very proud of Jake and he is proud of himself. I am glad that he chose to do the baptism and hope that he will understand the blessings in his life.
5 comments:
Wow! I'm so proud of you as a mama teaching him to choose the right. It brought tears to my eyes, I wish I could have been there and heard Ryan.
BTW you look REALLY skinny. And that pic. of Jess is beautiful (hi Jessy Becky!).
It WAS a wonderful day Meg.. Jake will have wonderful feelings when he remembers it. Your family is beautiful and I am glad I could be there.
What a special day! It will be a day you'll never forget!! It is so weird he is old enough. I remember him telling me all his colors at your place when he was a little guy....that wasn't that long ago...was it???
I wish I could've been there- however- I know you thank me for not bringing a 103 fever to your kids! Sounds like everybody did a great job!
Congratulations Jake!
Post a Comment