Thursday, March 6, 2008

Aubri's blessing

To continue the busy weekend, Brianne and Jake blessed their baby Aubri the Sunday after Jake's baptism. Their church starts at 9am and it's over an hour drive to get there. We were hustling out their as fast as we could! Just once, I would love to not have to hustle out the door. :) We made it there by the skin of our teeth at 9:05am. We thought the blessing was already started but turned out that it was just the opening prayer. PHEW! We got a seat and Ryan walked up to the blessing circle before he was able to sit down. I am so glad that we didn't miss it.

Afterwards, we got to enjoy a nice long visit at Brianne and Jake's home. It was delightful! Brianne asked me to be the photographer and had a list of people that she needed pictures taken with. She made the sweetest book for her oldest son that has the words of his blessing and pictures of the family holding him. I wish that I could do that for my kids but I don't know where the words are for their blessings. Anyway, moving along. I had a great time taking pictures of Grandma's and Grampa's, Great-Grandma's and Great-Papa's and the sweet little baby Aubri. It's very apparent that I was enjoying myself because I took around 300 photos. Hee, hee. Don't put me behind the camera if you don't want a gazillion photos!
Aubri's blessing dress was so beautiful! VaLynn made it for her and it's just so sweet! VaLynn is a superstar. Not only did she make her a blessing dress, she also crocheted a sweet little pink blanket (and a few burp clothes), made homemade banana bread that was fabulous and she is going to college to finish her degree. This is all in addition to the major stuff that she does on a daily basis. She is amazing and all I can do is aspire to be more like her.

After I took the 300-ish photos, I was worried that Ryan would be itching to go. I found Ryan happy as a clam watching the Indiana game in their nice, new basement on their snugly sofas with a humongous plasma TV. I told him that we could go and he said "Why? There's only an hour and a half left of the game. I'll miss it if we go now." I ran out of the room as fast as I could before he changed his mind! It was too much fun to have free time at Brianne's.

1 comment:

Sharmyn said...

Wowie that pic. of Bri and Aubri is amazing! And I love the one of Aubri smiling up at Dan like that. Awwhh! I'm glad you got to hang out like that!!