Thursday, February 19, 2009

10 Minute Change

I have this fantastic shelf in my kitchen that I have yet to be able to decorate to my liking. I have a tiny kitchen and so really, this shelf is my only place to play with. Seasonal decor has been fun to do, but I haven't really found my everyday look yet. Since I was already working on a project in here (can you guess those who I have not told already), why not add another project?


Once I took down my Valentine's decorations, I went to work on the shelf. I started with shopping the house and finding all that I thought would go together well: fantastic vintage platters from the boutique I did (love!), mercury glass candlestick with green ball thingy, blue vase and I liked green wreath but was too small. Nothing worked.


Enter Nester with fabulous tutorial from "The Home Book" on how to make a table landscape. I really want this book! It's going on my birthday list. (Hint, hint honey.) Sphere, check. Tall vase, check. Framed artwork, missing. Once I knew what I was missing, it was easy to find something that would work. I love the new look. It's simple and clean and can be added to if I want.




Nester is having a "I did it in 10 minutes" linky party today. Go and visit because there are tons of great inspiration out there. Enjoy!

16 comments:

trish said...

Your shelf looks beautiful. I really like the choices of colors that you used! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

southerninspiration said...

Oh, so beautiful!! I love the new look!

Suzanne

Free Art Printables said...

It looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Great transformation!

Unknown said...

Great job. The "HOME" book is on my wish list too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new look and your shelf!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That shelf is so cute! I love the plate and greenery repeated. It looks so clean and fresh!

Jen

aliann said...

Just beautiful! Love the colors.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

great ideas and cute fam.

patti said...

You have a gift! I am amazed!

Anonymous said...

I have a small kitchen, too. It is hard to have everyday decorations without making everything look crowded. I love what you did with the shelf, though! I especially like the little touches of green.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jodi said...

oh - I love it! I think you did a fantastic job interpreting the look! great shelf!! I especially love that platter - awesome!

Pretty Organizer said...

Girl, this one's a keeper! Great job! I need you over to do all of my shelves. Tablescaping is my constant struggle because SOMETHING unauthorized always ends up on the fancy table (usually a lego guy with a noose around his neck hanging from the lamp switch) and of course everything is in risk of breaking.

You did fabulous!

Pretty Organizer

The Nester said...

LOVE that wire thing a majig that you used--even better than a picture!

Nicole said...

I think I better come crash your house. It seems like I haven't seen you forever and I want to see your shelf in person. It looks beautiful, I need you to come help me with mine, I'm not really liking it. How's the floor coming? I can't wait to see it!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

The shelf looks great (but I thought it looked great before).